YOUR PRIVACY is important to Coastal Bonding & Insurance, LLC. We have always made it a priority to protect your nonpublic personal information.
This notice describes our policies for collecting, protecting, and disclosing nonpublic personal information. We maintain strict physical and electronic safeguards to protect such information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Our privacy principles are as follows:
- We do not sell information about our customers.
- We do not permit the use of our customers’ nonpublic personal information for use in marketing by any companies outside Coastal Bonding & Insurance, LLC. We require any such joint marketing partners to have the same or better privacy standards.
- We limit access to nonpublic personal information to those persons who need to know it to perform their jobs and to provide service to our customers, and as required or permitted by law.
- We protect nonpublic personal information of our former customers in the same way as for our current customers.
WE COLLECT and use information that we believe is necessary to serve our customers effectively and to permit us to meet their insurance needs. This information enables us to underwrite policies, process claims, ensure proper billing, and service accounts. The nonpublic personal information that we collect includes:
- Information we receive from our customers on applications, other forms, and through correspondence and communications with us through the mail, by telephone, and over the internet, such as name, address, and telephone number;
- Information about our customers’ transactions with us, such as payment history, policy underwriting, and claim adjustment;
- Information that we receive from consumer reporting agencies;
- Information from customer lists provided by other organizations and marketing data providers;
- Information from governmental agencies and insurance-support organizations, such as vehicle title information, excise tax information, car loan information, vehicle data, driving record, and claim history; and
- Information relating to insurance claims, which may include medical information.
WE DISCLOSE information that we collect only as required or permitted by law to our insurance carriers, industry regulators, law enforcement agencies, anti-fraud organizations, and third parties who assist us in processing the transactions authorized by our customers and in providing services to us and to our customers. The parties to whom we may disclose information include:
- The insurance companies that we represent.
- Third parties who need to know that information to perform services for us and our customers, such as claim investigators, appraisers, and collection agencies;
- Third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, in order to market certain products such as life insurance;
- Lienholders or other parties who have a legal interest in your policy;
- Consumer reporting agencies that provide us with underwriting or loss history information;
- Insurance regulatory authorities;
- Law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities;
- Insurance industry organizations and insurance companies in order to prevent or prosecute fraud or criminal activity;
- Insurance industry organizations for underwriting purposes;
- Persons or organizations conducting actuarial or research studies utilizing aggregate data without personal identifiers;
- Attorneys or other authorized persons in connection with matters in litigation, as required by subpoenas and court rules and orders;
- Our attorneys, accountants, and auditors; and
- Such other parties as are specifically permitted or required by law.
WE MAY USE your personal information to respond to your questions or comments if you send us an email with questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments or your e-mail address for future reference.
WE UNDERSTAND that you may have additional concerns about the privacy and security of information collected through our web site. We are committed to protecting the online privacy of visitors to our web site. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personal information. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
OUR CONNECTICUT CUSTOMERS, in accordance with the Connecticut Insurance Information and Privacy Act (the “Connecticut Privacy Law”), may access their recorded nonpublic personal information that we have collected by submitting a written request, in accordance with the Connecticut Privacy Law. Connecticut customers should send their written requests to the following address: Coastal Bonding & Insurance, LLC.,254 Middle Road, Deerfield, NH 03037. In each case, the written request may ask us to take one or more of the following actions:
- Inform you of the nature and substance of your recorded nonpublic personal information that we have collected;
- Send you copies of such information by mail;
- Inform you of the identity, if recorded, of those persons to whom we have disclosed your personal information within two years prior to your written request; or
- Correct, amend or delete any of your recorded nonpublic personal information.